Saturday, September 13, 2008

Build Session 17 (60 mins): Rear Battery Rack Complete

Yes it's been a while since my last post. Work is extremely busy right now but I will attempt to make some amount of progress and post at least every week or two. We'll see...
This month I was able to complete the rear battery rack. I made some size modification on the original design to maximize the space for additional LiFePO4 batteries. My current plan is to purchase 45 Thundersky 160ah batteries. I will install 32 of the cells in the forward rear boxes and the remaining 13 cells in this rear box. I estimate the the rear box will hold 34 which I plan to use in the future if I add more cells for a higher voltage system.
Removing the rear cross member support...
Cross member removed...
Working on the final two rear rack supports...more bending.


I made two just like this...


And installed one on each side as depicted below...This will keep the batteries away from the rear shocks.



No comments: