Thursday, August 28, 2008

Build Session 13 (1 hour): Rear Battery Rack Welding

Back from San Diego and ready to work on the truck...

I did get three of the support bars welded into the rear battery rack tonight.

Of course I wouldn't have been able to do it as fast without a little help from Tayler.


We clamped the "U" shaped pieces into place and squared and welded them to the support tubes (one side at a time).

Notice the surface rust building up already...don't worry, my POR15 chassis coat epoxy showed up last week. As soon as these battery racks are done I will prep and paint. :)


Tayler with a wire brush...I wish that I could get her to scrub the dishes this good. :)


Using the Makita wire brush to clean up my welds.


Three pieces welded in place. In my next session I will build 3 additional pieces to complete this rear battery rack.



The POR15 showed up! This will protect the frame and battery racks...plus it will look great.

No comments: