Friday, August 8, 2008

Build Session 6 (5 hours): The Engine Is Out

My good buddy Jared and I struggled for a several hours after work to get the engine and transmission out. My original plan was to remove them together. Ultimately this idea proved improbable and so we dropped the transmission separately...which was no easy task. In fact we had to lift the engine slightly and pull the transmission down in order to gain access to the upper bell housing bolts before we could remove the transmission completely.

Jared working the hoist...and a cold beverage.



This is my ecstatic face...finally the engine has been pried from its stronghold.


Its out! No more gas, motor oil, or antifreeze for this vehicle ever again. :)


The engine compartment...I left the master brake cylinder, power steering pump, and AC systems intact.

No comments: