Thursday, August 7, 2008

Build Session 5 (2 hours): Whoops... Dang it!!! :(

Situation: I need to move the truck out of the garage in preparation for pulling the engine in the more roomy driveway...and no one is around to help me.Proposal: No problem...I simply attach the bed to the hoist again and carefully move the bed over to the grass on the side of the driveway.

Seems simple enough, right?

Wrong! Everything was going as planned until one of the hoist wheels hit the grass and the bed swung forward, snapped one of the straps, and dropped the bed two feet onto my 2x4's...denting the forward bottom panels on both sides! Let me tell you, I have never been so angry with myself. Impatient stupidity! At least no one was hurt...


After my blood pressure subsided, I pounded out the dents as good as I could. I plan to fix and repaint the bed later. Also I am going to install a factory body kit at some point that will cover the problem anyway.

The factory body kit will look something like this:

I did get finally get the truck out of the garage, removed the final transmission mounting brackets, and positioned the hoist for the coveted engine removal on Friday!


No comments: